Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WICKED WEDNESDAY

A lot on my brain!

It's one of those mornings -- crisp, cool and conducive to great thoughts or at least, bursts of energy. However, I can't seem to summon either.

I'm not sure why this is the case. I didn't have an overly late night out with friends. Okay, maybe I laughed way to much and that left me tired. But it was worth it. I had a good sleep but awoke sleepy. The morning temps. were ideal for a brisk walk. In fact, it's the most comfortable morning in many a week.

Maybe the problem is my brain. I will, on occasion, have a half-hour reflexology
session, followed by a half-hour of massage therapy. The massage I have on a regular basis to deal with chronic neck pain. The reflexology I started on a whim and although painful (to me), I do believe it's useful. I know my sister believes it helps with her sciatic pain. The concept is basically that areas of your foot are associated with areas of the body and its organs. By gently -- and she assures me, she is gentle -- applying pressure and manipulation, it should ease the problem.

I have also been told, each session, when I almost leap off the table that the tender point in question is associated with the brain. I have 'sore brain'. An interesting thought.

Does that mean it's sore because of over-use? Or are the thoughts so trivial, it's
tired of thinking them? Or, is it out of control, flittering from one concern to the other, not able to focus long enough to deal with the issue and therefore, relax? The answer could be, 'yes' to all the above.

I am assured 'sore brain' does not mean I should rush out and find the closest neurosurgeon. That's a relief!

The main problem is, book #2 is due at the publisher in 1 1/2 weeks. Yikes! That's enough to give anyone 'sore brain', I'd think. So, my prescription to myself is to take the morning off, do some shopping therapy, and tackle the rest of my life later today.

As for this blog, I really wanted to tackle some deep concern or issue in the publishing world...but, sore-y, I have 'sore brain' today.


Linda Wiken/Erika Chase
A Killer Read, coming April, 2012
from Berkley Prime Crime

1 comment:

  1. Sore-y you are having that sort of day, Linda, but I suspect we can all relate to the condition of 'sore' brain.
    In fact, I do believe that a remedy of sorts for this prevelant condition will be suggested in my upcoming guest blog at Mystery Maven Canada. No, it's not retail therapy, a brisk walk or caffeine --- all worthy symptom relievers --- so stay tuned MMC readers!

    ReplyDelete