Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WICKED WEDNESDAYS

Wading through the e-TBR!



I have to admit, my Kobo sits on the shelf most days. And sits. And I pick up yet another paper book to read whenever I get the time to do so.

I've bought a few books for the Kobo, quite a variety actually. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain was the first; and then Not the End of the World by Kate Atkinson, The Villa Triste by Lucretia Grindle, Half-Blood Blues by Esi Edugyan to name a few. I doubt I'll get to them at any time other than when I'm traveling.

But that hasn't stopped me from also ordering any number of mysteries that are offered free from Amazon.com and listed daily on such digests as Omnimystery. Some are by authors I know; others attract me because of the plots. At some point, I hope to read them, also.

There are just so many e-books available these days and I don't enjoy wading through the on-line sellers' website trying to find what's new and more importantly, something I want to read. I'd much rather go to my favourite independent bookstore and walk along the shelves, pulling out the occasional book to have a look through. It's a ritual for me. Like enjoying my morning espresso.

Of course, I'll order my book, A Killer Read, as an e-book, just to have it. Just as I bought Little Treasures by The Ladies' Killing Circle, even though I've read the short stories many times over. And they'll travel with me and my Kobo.

But at home...give me a paper book any day!




Linda Wiken/Erika Chase
A Killer Read coming April, 2012
from Berkley Prime Crime
www.erikachase.com

No comments:

Post a Comment