Tuesday, April 3, 2012

TUESDAY BRINGS TROUBLE

Release Day!


This is it -- the official release day of A Killer Read! I can't believe it's finally here and in another way, how time has flown. I guess that's always the way with good things.

I did get a sneak preview though. Yesterday I wandered through my nearby bookstore -- just to look -- and there it was. Face out, even! I was so thrilled, I took a picture.

The various stages have made me aware of the reality but it's been a long process.
The cover conference was probably one of the highlights, as it gave a texture to what had been only words, up to then. Then came the advance reading copies. What fun! Followed by my author copies of the actual book. You wouldn't believe how many places in a house you can find to display a mass market book!

And now, it's out there for the world to see and hopefully, to enjoy.

It's also a significant day because I'm emailing my finished edits of Read & Buried, the second Ashton Corners Book Club mystery, back to my editor. I enjoy working with the editor's comments. They're a jumping off point for new ways of saying things, different angles to view the plot, and methods to ramp up the pace, when needed. A challenge to the brain...and that's always good.

So when my excitement level settles down, the piles of filing that have been gathering over the past few weeks are finally whittled down, and a celebratory glass of something titillating happens with dinner then it will be time to get back to work.

Tomorrow, that is. Because a deadline's approaching for book #3 and I'm anxious to get back to it.

First...to take another look at those pictures!





Linda Wiken/Erika Chase
A Killer Read
Berkley Prime Crime
www.erikachase.com

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Erika! You'll be back down to earth tomorrow? Riiiiiiiight. Meanwhile, enjoy every second.

    ReplyDelete